Arsenal's Croatian international striker Eduardo made a successful return to action after being out for ten months after suffering a broken left leg and dislocating his left ankle.

The 25-year-old Brazilian-born striker came through the first 45 minutes of a reserve game against Portsmouth and professed himself to be mightily relieved even to be playing after the tackle by Martin Taylor of Birmingham at the end of February had many fearing it had ended his career.

"I am feeling very happy to have started my first game in ten months," he said. "I hope I can do more and that next time will be better. I just felt something in my hamstring, but in two weeks I will be all right."
The injury cost both Arsenal and the player dear as they ended up trophyless, and Eduardo also missed the UEFA EURO 2008 championships where Croatia sparkled before bowing out to Turkey in the quarter-finals. He underwent an intensive rehabilitation programme that included spells in his native Brazil.

His blunder's pic

0 comments

Your Ad Here

Recent Entries




The Glorious of Footy Images

The Glorious of Footy Videos

Glorious Links