Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo was poised to join Arsenal before Manchester United offered three times as much money, the Ballon d'Or winner has revealed in an interview.

"I was within an inch of (joining Arsenal)," Ronaldo told France Football. "I have a lot of respect for (manager Arsene) Wenger, he is a very clever man... I think I have gone down in history. And I am only 23," Ronaldo said.
"But I think I have to work even more. I never relax... I want to do as much next year and even more. Since I arrived at Manchester United, I have always improved year after year. I have always achieved something more season after season... I want more titles, more awards and another Ballon d'Or."
His mother, Dolores, says if it were not for football her son would have been “lost”.
"If Cristiano hadn’t have become a professional footballer, he would have been lost. He would have certainly become a drug-addict or something terrible like that.” she said
Ronaldo has reportedly bought his mum a house as part of a £900,000 spending spree. He is said is to have treated himself, his mother and his brother Hugo to properties in Alto de Sao Goncalo on his native island of Madeira, with views over the island’s capital Funchal where Ronaldo grew up.

0 comments

Your Ad Here

Recent Entries




The Glorious of Footy Images

The Glorious of Footy Videos

Glorious Links