Ronaldo was today officially unveiled by his new club Corinthians, but reminded fans that he still faced "a major challenge" to return to full fitness.

The 32-year-old 1994 and 2002 FIFA World Cup™ winner and two-time European footballer of the year has not played this season following a career-threatening left knee injury on which he was operated in February. Months later, his contract with Italian side AC Milan was not renewed.

Having spent months training with top Brazilian side Flamengo in a bid to get back to form, Ronaldo stunned observers by signing for Corinthians. Ronaldo, aware of the challenge ahead, said he expects no special treatment.

"I have a major challenge in front of me and I'll do everything I can to meet it head on," said the Brazilian. "I'm just a player like all the rest here and I have the same rights, and the same obligations, as everyone else. I won't have any privileges."
Reports said Ronaldo will earn a monthly salary of 127,000 euros for his one-year deal, not including bonuses from the sale of his image rights.

0 comments

Your Ad Here

Recent Entries




The Glorious of Footy Images

The Glorious of Footy Videos

Glorious Links