David Beckham is set to make his debut for AC Milan in a friendly against Hamburg on Tuesday. Speaking from the squad's Dubai training camp, Carlo Ancelotti, the Milan coach, said:

"He is available and he can therefore play. The past few days he [Beckham] has been working hard and I’ve noticed his commitment to showing that he wants to play for the team."
Beckham has joined AC Milan on a short-term loan from Los Angeles Galaxy as he attempts to extend his England career. LA Galaxy resume competition in March, but AC Milan's first official match of 2009 is Sunday's Serie A encounter against AS Roma.

Ancelotti has indicated that Beckham faces stiff competition from Andrea Pirlo, Clarence Seedorf and Brazilians Ronaldinho and Kaka in his bid to play competitive games for Milan.
"I want to play well instead of just play. I love my team Los Angeles Galaxy but for me this is a great experience. Not everyone has managed to play in what everyone considers the best club in the world. I feel lucky to have this extraordinary chance. The training has been tough but I like working hard. I am learning about Italian football and my team-mates are exceptional." said Beckham

0 comments

Your Ad Here

Recent Entries




The Glorious of Footy Images

The Glorious of Footy Videos

Glorious Links